429 Regatta Rd., Columbia, SC 29212
End-result focused, hands-on sales and marketing executive with over twenty years of proven core skills in B2B and B2C environments, including eight years
P&L general management experience running an international import and distribution company.
- Strategic marketing and creative use of high
tech marketing tools such as digital video, audio, CD-ROM authoring,
presentation technologies, and the Internet
- Creating effective sales and marketing communication tools designed to increase business.
- Managing start-up business units and developing new channels of distribution.
- Product development and launch: design, prototyping, and rollout.
- Sales management, sales
strategies, channel management, product and sales training.
- Product management, life cycle analysis, costing, pricing, and distribution strategies.
- International business experience: imports and wholesale distribution.
- Working with independent dealers groups and reps, including training and motivation.
- Vertical marketing to pharmaceutical, healthcare, banking, and financial industries.
Marketing Consultant - GMS Productions, Irmo, SC ? 2003 to present
Provide marketing and media consulting services using high tech marketing solutions. Services offered include marketing strategies development, marketing communications programs, presentations, meeting planning and management, and producing traditional and high tech marketing and sales tools. Extensive work in audio and video production, including Betacam SP, NLE, digital audio, CD-ROM and DVD authoring and surround encoding. Website development including SEO (search engine optimization) and website creation and management.
President/VP of Marketing - Codified Media Corporation, Irmo, SC - 1994 ? 2003.
President of exclusive importer and distributor of European manufactured office systems products sold mainly through independent dealer network of over 450 sales reps across the US and Canada. Major vertical markets served: Pharmaceuticals & healthcare, financial & banking, government,
entertainment, Fortune 250 corporations.
- Identified and corrected marketing, sales management gaps, and pricing anomalies that led to turnaround of the company from consecutive $100K annual losses to profitability in 18 months.
- Developed three new products that increased sales by 12%.
- Developed corporate alliances with major industry vendors to open new markets and expand distribution, as well as OEM distribution and private labeling.
- Negotiated all contracts, proposals, and pricing.
- Developed and implemented all marketing, sales training, and sales management programs.
Acted as National Sales Manager.
- Implemented manufacturing, materials requisition, warehousing and order processing changes resulting in 18% annual savings in operating costs.
- Acted as company?s IT manager responsible for all computing and software support issues.
Director of Marketing -
AECO Products Division ? Division of National Service Industries (NSI), Atlanta, GA. 1990 ? 1994.
Directed marketing for the third largest U.S. envelope manufacturer and office products vendor ($200M sales) with 13 manufacturing plants, over 1000 employees and 120 direct sales reps. Reported to President. Major vertical markets served: Banking, finance, direct marketing, and insurance.
- Expanded company?s marketing to include direct mail campaigns, space advertising, in-house video production, promotional specialty programs, presentations, increased trade show participation, marketing training, customer communications, graphics design, and literature development.
- Restructured sales force communications, new product programs, sales meetings, and sales management relationship with corporate staff.
- Worked with company's sales managers to
develop new training programs for salesreps.
- Wrote and presented proposals for key major accounts including NationsBank.
- Planned and produced annual sales meetings and corporate customer seminars including all audio-visual materials, presentations, brochures, and other supporting materials.
Regional Manager - Marketing & Sales Development -
Oblique Filing Systems Division of NSI,
1986 ? 1990.
Oblique Filing Systems distributed filing products throughout the USA. My territory consisted of the thirteen western states with over 100 sales reps. Acted as company representative for dealers and reps.
- Doubled sales in territory during first twenty-four month period.
- Developed marketing materials and programs for company-wide usage and authored company's first complete training manual for application sales.
- Directed trade show exhibits, direct mail campaigns, advertising, and sales meeting planning.
- Invented unique indexing system and other products still sold by company today.
- Negotiated Sir Speedy National Account, resulting in $420,000 new business.
Associate Account Executive--AT&T Communications, Laguna Hills, CA. 1985 ? 1986.
Member of the $25 million Rockwell National Account Team. Analyzed product lines, business functions and facility locations for the newly acquired Allen Bradley division of Rockwell.
- Developed team sales strategy for Allen Bradley, identifying existing and new telecommunications applications for account.
- Presented proposal to Allen-Bradley COO at A-B Milwaukee HQ, resulting in the integration of the new division with Rockwell?s existing AT&T account structure.
- Newspaper Reporter, Sligo Champion, Ireland - 2 years
- Retail Management: Fitzgerald?s Music Centre -
M.B.A. (Concentration in Marketing) June 1986, University of California, Irvine - Graduate School of Management. GPA 3.87 - Dean's Scholar.
B.A. Economics, UC Irvine, June 1985. GPA 3.5.
P.D.M. Certificate - University Of Missouri, Kansas City, April 1991. Certification as Professional Direct Marketer through nine-month residential course offered by Bloch School of Management.
- Charter Member - Atlanta Business Development Executives
- Public Speaking - National Postal Forums, Postal Customer Council, American Records Managers Association.
- Contributing Writer - Mailer's Review (92 ? 95)
- President - Graduate School of Management Student Association
- President - UC Irvine Graduate School of Management Alumni Association (88-90)
- Member - Direct Marketing Association (90-95)
- Member - American Marketing Association, Atlanta Chapter (90-95)
SOFTWARE EXPERTISE: Microsoft FrontPage ? Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word ? Macromedia Dreamweaver MX ? Autoplay Menu Studio (CD authoring) ? Ventura Publisher ? CorelDRAW! Graphics ? Adobe Premiere Video Editing ? Adobe Acrobat ? Visual FoxPro ? Sony Sound Forge/Acid/Vegas ? Digidesign ProTools ? others.
TECHNICAL: Digital video and audio (all formats), LCD, CD-ROM authoring, website development, search engine optimization (SEO), Network protocols, PC technology, Firewire (IEEE-1394), Broadband technologies and more.
REFERENCES: Available on request